Services available free of charge at The Workforce Connection offices in Rockford, Belvidere and Freeport include:
- computer and internet access
- job search and resume assistance
- the latest local and national job listings
- help with on-line job applications
- career information, including Career Cruising
- access to copy and fax machines, telephone and printer
- information about job training and other educational opportunities
- assistance for veterans and disabled workers
- refugee and immigration services
The resource room is open to the public Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Illinois Joblink & Illinois Worknet:
Individuals are encouraged to set up an account on-line with Illinois Joblink, a no-cost internet-based job search tool, and post a resume to match with potential employers. Illinois workNet.com has a wealth of information for individuals needing assistance connecting to jobs and new careers. Many of the services available in our Resource Room are also available on-line.
Monthly Workshops, Job Clubs & Basic Skills Classes:
Monthly workshops and information sessions covering topics such as Career Exploration, Resume/Cover Letter assistance,
- Interviewing Skills, Personal Development
- Job Club Meetings with potential employers
- Basic skills classes in reading, math, high school equivalency test prep and ESL
- introductory computer classes
Financial Assistance available for Job Training:
The workforce Connection provides career counseling, financial assistance and other support services for eligible individuals interested in new job training with an emphasis on training for in-demand jobs in the northern Illinois region, including, but not limited to manufacturing, healthcare, transportation/logistics, information technology, aviation/aerospace and customer service.
For more information about individualized services or job training assistance: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/twcdwpapp