ROCKFORD HEALTH SYSTEM
Rockford Health System is the most comprehensive health system in the Rock River Valley and has served the region since its founding in 1883. The organization includes Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford Health Physicians, Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Visiting Nurses Association and the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation. Rockford Health System has 450 physicians on its medical staff, nearly 3,400 employees and more than 300 volunteers.
• A full-service hospital with 396 licensed beds.
• A Level I (highest level) Trauma Center that provides the most advanced trauma and emergency services to more than 50,000 patients in the region each year. The REACT helicopter averages nearly 600 flights each year, providing accident scene rescue and hospital transports.
• The Regional Perinatal Center, which includes the region’s only Maternal-Fetal Medicine Program and inpatient High-Risk Maternity Unit, to care for women experiencing difficult pregnancies.
• A Level III (highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for more than 600 of our tiniest patients each year.
• The region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, caring for seriously ill children.
• The region’s leading surgical program, with more than 11,000 inpatient and outpatient procedures completed each year.
• The Heart & Vascular Center, which brings together our cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, interventional radiologists and vascular surgeons in one convenient location.
• The Brain & Spine Center, providing advanced neurological and neurosurgical programs and treatments.
RHPH offers the most primary care and sub-specialty physicians in the region, with more than 150 doctors in 10 area locations. Our physicians and health care professionals have been recognized for exceeding national benchmarks for quality care in areas such as childhood and adult immunizations, diabetes care, prenatal and postnatal care and breast and cervical cancer screenings.
The Women’s Center opened in the spring of 2011 to provide women with the latest technology in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Highlights of the many services offered at the Center include state-of-the-art digital mammography, breast ultrasound and biopsies, as well as MRI imaging and osteoporosis testing.
For more information visit the website: Rockford Health System