InfrastructureTransportation and Access Utilities
Transportation and Access
Boone County is strategically located in relation to major expanding markets for goods, services and suppliers. It is close to major employment centers, both to the east and west, and is served by interstates, rail and air service. Boone County is at the heart of the midwestern industrial belt, only minutes from Rockford and an hour from Chicago. Further, it is only a few hours by drive to any of the Midwest major cities, such as Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Des Moines.
I-90 Regional City Corridor
- Boone County is the midpoint to the I-90 Regional City. A region anchored by the cities of Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, and Rockford. Our Regional City is the fourth largest urban constellation in the US, home to 17 million people.
- The I-90 Regional City connects top public and private-sector research in Madison and Chicago to centers of incubation, product development and manufacturing throughout the corridor
- Ideally criss-crossed by I-90 and I-39 with close proximity to I-43 and I-88.
Air Transport Network
- 1 hour of O’Hare International Airport the nation’s fastest growing airport.
- 1 ½ hours of Chicago Midway and General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- 15 minutes east of the Chicago-Rockford International Airport: home to the largest regional parcel-sorting facility in the UPS system - the only facility of its type that handles coast-to-coast cargo and the 24th largest cargo airport in the nation.
- Several Industrial sites in Boone County have access to Union Pacific Rail. Sites are also thirty miles from the new Union Pacific Global III Intermodal Facility.
The Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) is located 85 miles northwest of Chicago and encompasses over 3,000 acres. The airport is home to 30 industrial tenants and the largest regional parcel-sorting facility in the UPS system - the only facility of its type that handles coast-to-coast cargo. Our airport has progressively evolved from a general aviation facility to a dynamic commercial service airport. RFD is presently ranked as the 24th largest cargo airport in the nation and the 224th largest passenger airport. Currently, Allegiant Air offers non-stop flights to Orlando,Las Vegas, and Clearwater/St. Pete (Tampa Bay Area); United Airlines flies non-stop to Denver and to over 100 connecting destinations and Apple Vacations offers seasonal service to Cancun. RFD averages between 21-25 flights a week. Read more by downloading the full PDF document.
|City of Belvidere Water Service|
7 wells, ranging from 120 ft. to 1800 ft. deep
|City of Belvidere Sampling Analysis Charge|
|Lead||11.00||21.00||Suspended Solids Total||10.00|
|Cyanide, Total||15.00 + $10 for distillation||Fecal Coliform||
|Chlorine, Total||5.00||NH3 (ammonia)||20.00|
Nicor Gas is the 5th largest gas distribution company in the United States, serving about 1.9 million customers in 641 northern Illinois communities. The combination of a flexible rate structure, well developed underground gas storage capability and connection to five interstate gas pipelines accessing all the major gas producing areas of the country enable Nicor Gas to provide reliable, economical natural gas supplies all year. Utility costs are among the lowest in the nation, and large users who purchase their supplies from sources other than the utility have the advantage of one of the country’s most competitive gas markets. Read more by downloading the full PDF document.
The ComEd service territory covers 11,411 square miles in Northern Illinois, stretching from the Wisconsin border to as far south as Pontiac, Ill., and from the Indiana border to the Mississippi River. It covers approximately 70 percent of the population in Illinois and the vast majority of the State’s industrial companies. Our transmission and distribution systems are very robust, with more than 5,000 miles of overhead transmission lines and approximately 43,400 miles of overhead distribution lines and 42,300 miles of underground distribution lines. ComEd is committed to safely and reliably delivering electricity to our 3.7 million customers in the more than 400 communities, including the City of Chicago, we serve across Northern Illinois. Our peak system demand is just under 23,000 MW. ComEd is part of the Exelon Corporation headquartered in Chicago, which includes our sister-company, PECO Energy serving the Philadelphia, PA metropolitan area, Exelon Generation and other Exelon affiliate companies. Read more by downloading the full PDF document.
Verizon, a worldwide leader in providing quality voice, data and video communications, offers advanced digital services to Belvidere, Illinois. Verizon is the fourth largest publicly owned telecommunications company in the world with annual revenue in excess of $20 billion. Verizon is also the largest U.S.-based local telephone company, and the second largest cellular service provider in the United States. Verizon is rapidly deploying the fiber optic network of the future across America, to benefit communities, business and residential customers. As a full-service provider, Verizon markets, installs and maintains a comprehensive range of digital PBXs and data products, including local area networks. Read more by downloading the full PDF document.